Search Title

Sunday 19 February 2012

Utsuro no Hako:Volume1 9999th time (ch27)

Utsuro no Hako:Volume1 9999th time

He has already told me the way to erase him himself.
"How you can make sure that you definitely don't want to meet a certain person anymore?"
Haruaki's suggested various methods to me. So many methods that I'm sick of hearing them. Eventually, we arrived at the conclusion that feelings of guilt are the best way to make oneself avoid a certain person. Again, just like always.
And, just like always, he also tells me how to create those feelings towards someone.
"Why not just kill him?"

Haruaki-kun jokingly suggests the last method that's left to me.
"Which is the ultimate solution. Well, but if you do kill him, it's not even a matter of meeting or not anymore, though, heh!"
Why is it necessary to 'reject' Haruaki-kun? Well, it's because I think his disappearance will have a big impact on Kazu-kun and me.
Living in this world resembles playing a Tetris game you cannot end. At first you give your best to reach a new high score. That's fun, too. But midway you stop caring about your score. After all, it doesn't matter whether you reach a new high score or not; it's just a game that is going to be reset. And then you have to start all over again. Nothing changes even when you reach Game Over. You still try your best to have some fun, but if you play with that half-hearted effort, the screen fills up in no time. It gets boring. It gets uninteresting. It gets tough on you. It gets painful. You lose the spirit to even turn the block. You just don't care. But even though you don't care, the blocks keep coming. No matter how often they reach the top, you can't stop the game. If I stop, I'll die. And I don't want that. After all I have a goal to achieve. I have to spend today with no regrets. That's why I must change this system as a whole somehow.
And Haruaki's an important part of this system.
Therefore, I have to 'reject' him.
"......can you tell me once more how I can create feelings of guilt?"
"...what's wrong Kasumi? Well, I don't mind, though..."
Haruaki says, just like always.
"Why not just kill him?"
With this, it's exactly the 1,000th reply.
Right! That's the only way. Yeah, it can't be helped. You understand, right? You told me so 1,000 times, so you understand, don't you? Rather, you want me to do it, right?
---you want me to kill you, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment