Search Title

Sunday 19 February 2012

Utsuro no Hako:Volume2 Author's Notes

Utsuro no Hako:Volume2 Author's Notes

Good day, I'm Eiji Mikage.
I'm very sorry for the long wait since the first book. I actually wanted to get the continuation out as soon as possible since it wasn't clear whether the story would continue from the contents of the first one... Honestly, I don't even know the reason for this long delay myself.

Well then, «Eiji Mikage» is naturally a penname. I'm asked about the origin of this penname from time to time, but since there's no real reason to it, I have always had troubles answering this question.
But even if there's no reason to it, it has become my penname.

I'm known by this name in the editorial department and among the other authors. Almost none of them know my real name. I even call myself "I'm the author Eiji Mikage" when I phone the editorial department! That's ticklish somehow, now that I think about it...
Then I think that all my dear readers know only the name «Eiji Mikage» of me.
It might be the faulty expression, but for the readers, «Eiji Mikage» is no human but a book-writing machine. I'm only demanded to write amusing books.
I am still unable to nod firmly when I'm asked whether I give my everything for this sake. In order to become the ideal author for my readers, I still have to pull myself together more. That's what I often think.
Okay, this time's thank-you note.
Thanks to the illustrator 415 aka Tetsuo-san for those fantastic drawings. When we were talking about the second volume and I said "Kazuki gets handcuffed by Maria in underwear and a single white shirt!", you told me your impressions right away, "You're a pervert". I will definitely not forget that.
My editor in charge, Kawamoto-san, thank you for sticking to me while I wrote this tangled story. It really helped me. The third volume may get even more complicated, so that will be troublesome for you, huh! *saying so as if I wasn't concerned*
Finally, thanks to all my dear readers that accompanied me up to this second book. I hope we can meet again in the third book.
See you another time!

- Eiji Mikage
Comments
Eiji Mikage
I live in Saitama. I arrive mostly an hour before my appointments at the meeting place. It's sad to be alone.

Tetsuo
My name has changed from 415 to Tetsuo!
The person behind the name hasn't changed, though!
Best regards /^o^\

1 comment: