Search Title

Sunday 19 February 2012

Utsuro no Hako:Volume1 27755th time (5) (ch29)

Utsuro no Hako:Volume1 27755th time (5)

"I will absolutely not leave you alone here!"
Thanks to only those words, I could return to the Kasumi Mogi I once used to be for just a moment.
"I am an idiot."
Didn't I decide already? Didn't I decide at the very beginning that I'd destroy the 'box' before I lose sight of my goal and disgrace myself?
But those countless recurrences weakened my determination more and more until it disappeared in the end.
Once, when I killed a certain someone whose name I don't even remember anymore, I should have lost all ways to return.

But---
"Just because of this, just because of such a phrase, I--"
---it was still possible.
My love has saved me at the very last moment.
But I know that I'm going to get captured again right away.
I'm going to get captured by the 'box'.
Therefore, while I'm still «Kasumi Mogi» --- I must kill me.
"Goodbye, Kazu-kun."

And now, my 'box' that couldn't bring me happiness despite being so convenient, is going to end.

I can pass away this close to my beloved one. Maybe this is a rather happy turn of events. So, it is fine like this. I am fine.
I close my eyes.
I will certainly not open them any---

"Who allowed you to die?"


I get startled and open my eyes.

The unidentifiable person that once gave me the 'box' stands there. Kazu-kun doesn't seem to have noticed him, so I'm the only one who can see him.
When our eyes meet, that person smiles calmly.
"I still want to observe that boy. It troubles me if you end this outstanding opportunity of unlimited observation on your own accord."
What? ...What is he saying?
"But well, I suppose it's not so thrilling with similar situations all the time. Let's see... it's against my principles, but may I take care of the 'box'? I'll tamper with it just a little. You were planning to destroy it anyway, so you don't mind, do you?"
Without waiting for my answer, he places his hand on my chest. The moment he does so...
"Ugh, aaaah! AAaaAAahhh!!"
An intense pain exceeding imagination. A pain that makes me scream out, even though I've gotten used to the collision with a truck and didn't even raise my voice when I stabbed myself. This kind of pain is different. It is a sensation as if my soul is cut into a thousand pieces. A pain that directly attacks the nerves and can't be eased.
He takes out the hand-sized 'box' and smiles.
"Aah, I think you've already figured, but this 'box' can't work without you anymore. So you'll have to get into the 'box'."
As he says so, he starts to fold me up.
He folds me and folds me, and then he stuffs me into the 'box'.

Kazu-kun. Please, Kazu-kun.

I know I'm being selfish. I also know it's insolent after doing such things to you. But, but --- I can't---I can't anymore--
Kazu-kun, help me---

No comments:

Post a Comment